Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India (200-hour)
September 1 – 29, 2017 :
$1600 $1400! – Enroll Now! Only 2 spots left!
November 8 – December 6, 2017 :
$1600 $1500! – Enroll Now!
April 1 – April 29, 2018 :
$1600 $1500! – Enroll Now!
Swargashram, Rishikesh, India
Nada Yoga School and Naturality offer a comprehensive and unique 200 hour Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training Program in the holy city of Rishikesh on the banks of the sacred river Ganga, surrounded by the foothills of the Himalayas. This program will provide training in both the art and science of Yoga and Meditation.
Yoga and Meditation combined with pranayama form a complete spiritual practice, a path to healing, peace and freedom from fear and sufferings. In Patanjali’s Yoga, meditation is the seventh limb which leads to Samadhi. In Vedanta and Buddhism, meditation also forms an important component of the path. Serious students of Yoga require a solid grounding in both the theory and practice of yoga poses, pranayama and meditation.
Whether you are already a practitioner of yoga and meditation or if you are still a beginner, this program will deepen your own practice, and will also enable you to teach a combination of yoga and meditation to individuals and groups.
And that’s not all.
You will also be given lessons and lectures on Naturality by Jivasu and nada yoga & Indian classical music lessons from our best team of professional Indian musicians. And of course, after the completion of the course, you will be provided with the yoga alliance certificate of 200-hours which will grant you the permission to teach yoga internationally.
What will you learn?
In this 200-hour yoga and meditation teacher training course we will be focusing on both theory and practical, so that you are perfect in the practice of yoga and would become a professional yoga teacher both theoretically and practically.
In this section of yoga you will be taught:
- Yoga Philosophy: Patanjali’s Yoga philosophy is a unique and comprehensive description of life and consciousness. Patanjani begins by describing the central problem of human life, the Kleshas or negative afflictions giving rise to fear and sorrow. These emotions arise because of a distortion in consciousness (chitta viritti), in which Atma is separated from pure consciousness. Through the practice of the eight limbs of Asthanga Yoga, a person can achieve peace and equanimity (chitta vritti nirodh) leading to the union of Atma with the pure consciousness of Paramatma.Through self-study, talks and dialogue, students will understand why we suffer from fear, sorrow and pain. Then, students will explore the practices of Yama, Niyama, Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahar (inward flow of consciousness) Dharana (contemplation), and a variety of meditations (Dhyan). The meaning and significance of the Chakras and Kundalini will be explored.
- Meditation: Meditation is the seventh limb in Asthanga Yoga. By studying and practicing meditation, a person begins to develop a sustained witnessing awareness of all that enters the field of perception. This awareness leads to Samadhi, the ultimate goal of a Yogi.
- Shatkarma: Shatkarma is a practice or an art of cleaning or detoxifying our body and mind naturally. In the theory section, you will be taught – what are the different types of shatkarmas, their benefits, precautions, etc.
- Naturality: Naturality is living according to the nature. In Naturality, you will be taught on how to leave a happy and prosperous life according nature.
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: Yoga Anatomy is the study about your body on how it works. In your anatomy and physiology lectures/classes you will be provided with the knowledge of muscular system, skeletal system, nervous system and detailed study on your spine, joints, etc. After which you will be able to understand which muscle to stretch, rotate, etc. while working on yoga pose alignments.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda is an ancient vedic science that is closely related to practice of yoga. Understanding of ayurvedic concepts will help you deepen the practice of yoga and compose diet and lifestyle that will suit your individual requirements. The lectures of Ayurveda will include study of – Basics of Ayurveda (elements, dhatus, doshas and tastes) Kapha, Vatta and Pitta. Knowing your body type. Daily routine, seasonal routine, diet regime, and much more.
In this section of yoga study you will be taught on how everything is done practically such as yoga asanas, shatkarma, etc. So, let’s look what you will be taught:
- Yoga Asanas: Asanas help a practitioner to become more aware of their body, mind, and environment. Your will be taught from very basic to advance yoga poses and will be taught the alignment of every asanas you will be practicing and will also be taught their benefits and precautions to take while practicing or teaching others.
- Shatkarma: As already mentioned above, shatkarma is a practice of making your body disease-free naturally. In the practical section you will be taught on how shatkarmas are done. Such as jalaneti (a practice you clean or detoxify your head part by the mixture of warm water and salt), shankprakshalana (a practice to completely clean your digestive tract), etc.
- Meditation: You will be taught 10 different types of meditation, some of which include – mindfulness meditation, dream-sleep meditation, etc.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is a technique to control your breath while doing asanas, while sleeping or doing any work. The different types of pranayamas you will be taught are – Anuloma-Viloma, Ujjayi, Kapalabhati, Bhastrika, etc.
- Music/Nada Yoga: Students who are interested in learning music will be given lessons of Indian classical music by our team of best yoga teachers.
That’s not all. You will also be given workshops on teaching theory, lessons on how to teach students with different problems like pregnancy, knee pain, etc. and the students of different ages.
After the completion of the course, you will be provided with a yoga alliance certificate of 200-hours, which will grant you the right to teach yoga Internationally.
Overview: Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training Course (YMTTC) in Rishikesh
- In this YMTTC, you will be immersed in the deep knowledge of Yoga and Meditation.
- The Course will be taught by talented and notable yogis and remarkable Yoga masters who have abundant experience in Yoga and Meditation.
- The course fee is all-inclusive.
- 3 to 5 hours of asana practice.
- You will be given daily homework assignments.
- A final written exam is taken at the end of the course.
- After the completion of the yoga course, you will be certified with Yoga Alliance Certificate.
- Indian Classical Music Concert, kirtans, and bhajans every week.
- You will be taken for local sightseeing on Sundays.
- Our School is situated in Rishikesh (also known as the world capital of Yoga), next to the Ganges river.
- Dr. Jivasu (Pradeep Kumar)
- Yogacharya Kamal Bhatt
- Yogacharya Bhuwan Chandra
- Dr. Usha Vaishanava
- Vivek Arya
- Yogacharya Mohan Panwar
- Yogendra Mishra
- Yogi Praveen
Schedule – Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training in India
- 06:00 am – 7:00 am : Pranayama and Shatkarma
- 07:00 am – 8:30 am : Yoga Asana
- 08:30 am – 9:30 am : Breakfast
- 10:00 am – 12:00 Noon : Yoga and Meditation: Philosophy and Practice
- 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm : Lunch
- 02:00 pm – 3:00 pm : Yoga and Meditation: Philosophy and Practice
- 04:00 pm – 5:30 pm : Yoga Asanas
- 06:00 pm – 7:30 pm : Dinner
- 07:30 pm – 8:30 pm : Satsang with music and sound meditation (Nada Yoga or yoga of sound)
Note: The Schedule is subject to change.
Yoga Course Fee
The course fee is listed next to the course date above.
- Textbooks and printed course materials
- Lessons from 8 professional yoga teachers and guest lecturers
- Use of yoga props during the course
- Vegetarian meals (3 times a day)
- Comfortable accommodation in the first established ashram in Rishikesh – Swargashram
- Local sightseeing
- Ganges river rafting
- Wireless Internet Connectivity
- Pre-arranged taxi pick-up from Delhi Airport to Nada Yoga School – US $80
- Pre-arranged taxi pick-up from Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun to Nada Yoga School – US $15
Food and Accommodation
- In our attempt to promote a yogic lifestyle, vegetarian meals, and herbal teas are served 3 times daily (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and prepared in our own equipped Kitchen, using filtered water. Please inform us of any dietary restrictions. Filtered water is available at all times during your stay at Nada Yoga School.
- Shared rooms are provided to students with attached bath (cold/hot water) and ceiling fans. Bed linen, a towel and a door lock are provided, however, residents are responsible for those items as well as laundering their sheets and cleaning their room.
Note: To create a positive atmosphere conducive to learning and continued personal development, drugs, alcohol and all other intoxicating substances are strictly prohibited for the entire duration of the course.
- Sunday Music Concerts, Indian Classical Music Lessons, kirtans, etc.
- Visit to Kunjapuri temple
- Visit to Vashisht meditation cave in mountains
- Ganges river rafting
- Sunday movie nights
The amount of knowledge that I have obtained at Nada Yoga School is life-changing. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the depth of knowledge and experience of all teachers. So I grew an enormous amount intellectually, spiritually and emotionally over the four weeks. I appreciate its clarity, commitment and broad knowledge and experience. Once again, it is more than just an education, it was a life affirming experience. I highly recommend Nada Yoga School to anyone looking to receive 200-hours certification!
An amazingly comprehensive and complete course! under the highly accomplished Yogacharyas: Kamalji and Mohanji's guidance, the progression of yoga skills appear smooth and natural over time. Daily Pranayama and Shatkarma are energizing. Lessons in Physiology of Yoga made us aware of correct muscle and bone involvement in various asanas. This awareness is necessary for anyone practicing yoga. Ayurveda philosophy of knowing one's dosha helped me in getting to know my body. The lectures by Dr. Jivasu on Yoga philosophy and meditation were mesmerizing! I highly recommend this course if one is serious about learning Yoga and Meditation.
The yoga teacher training course at Nada Yoga School was a wonderful way for me to explore and experience yoga, meditation, mantra and music. All the teachers were masters in their art and provided a great stage for the group to growing and of course, laugh! Beautifully nested in the himalayan foothills, this is an amazing place to practice yoga and meditation.
I really enjoyed this course. I not only learned proper alignment for my asana practice, different styles of meditation practices but I learned how to dissolve my past histories and emerge in this present moment fully activated and at peace within my body and mind. Along this path of inner transformation at which I am still on, I found myself joined and emmersed within a greater community, a precious family.
The yoga and meditation 200 hour course was for me all that I needed and was looking for. Again it brought closer to what I always was from childhood of.
Diane Ruth Martin
The 200 hour course at Nada Yoga School is very intense at times but definately essential for those wishing to become teachers. The course gives a good background knowledge of theory, as well as practice. The teacher are very professional and supportive to students. I have enjoyed the course very much and made many friends.
Nada Yoga School, Near Police Check Post, Ram Jhula Bridge, Swargashram 249304, Rishikesh, India