Nada Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India (200-hour)
August 1 – August 29, 2017 :
$1600! $1400! – Enroll Now! (only 4 spots left!)
November 8 – December 6, 2017 :
$1600! $1400! – Enroll Now!
January 1 – January 29, 2018:
$1600! $1400! – Enroll Now!
February 26 – March 26, 2018:
$1600! $1400! – Enroll Now!
Swargashram, Rishikesh, India
We are delighted to offer a unique nada yoga (the yoga of sound) teacher training as a part of our 200-hour yoga teacher training course. This course will be held at Nada Yoga School, near the banks of river Ganges and will be taught by best nada yogi of Rishikesh – Bhuwan Chandra along with his team of 7 professional yoga teachers and Ayurveda doctors. The course will be combination of nada yoga (sacred sound) and yoga (asana, pranayama, anatomy, shatkarma, mudra-bandha, etc.).
And at the end, after passing all the given assignments and test works, students will be certified by yoga alliance certification of 200-hours.
This course is suitable for the yoga teachers, students (beginner, intermediate & advanced) and music lovers who want to connect/integrate the enlightening power of sacred sound (nada yoga) with their daily practice of yoga.
What is Nada Yoga?
In short, Nada Yoga is “union through sound”. The union of body, mind and spirit.
Nada Yoga is a branch of Yoga in which transformation is brought through the Shabd or Nada. The nearest translation of Shabd and Nada is sound or vibration. But Shabd or Nada are not the same as sound because they can be produced either by striking two objects known as Ahata sound or without striking two objects which is called Anahata sound. Anahata sound can be heard at the Anahata or heart chakra. Nada has the same place in Yoga as energy has in science.
We can’t see energy, but we can feel it as vibrations. All energy, all vibrations generate sound.
Sound is one way for us to experience this energy.
What you will learn?
As the course is a combination of nada yoga and 200-hour yoga course, you will not be taught only nada yoga but also all the practices that a yoga course includes.
But what are they? Read below!
- What is nada yoga and its types?
- How to integrate the practice of yoga with nada yoga?
- Theory of Sound
- Music therapy
- Proper Sanskrit mantra chanting
- Learn to sing spiritual kirtans and bhajans, perfectly
- Lessons of Indian classical music – sitar, tabla, harmonium, vocal, etc
- How to match your body’s frequency to instruments sound
- Effect of sound or nada in your daily life
- Introduction to Yoga and its paths
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Shatkarma – body purification
- Pranayama techniques (purification through breath)
- Yoga postures (asanas), their benefits, potential risks and proper alignments
- The art of sequencing the yoga class in one flow with full confidence
- Sanskrit names of the postures
- Introduction to Ayurveda – Kapha, Vata, Pitta, etc.
After the completion of the course, you will be provided with a yoga alliance certificate of 200-hours, which will grant you the right to teach yoga Internationally.
Overview – Nada Yoga Teacher Training in India
- Nada Yoga Teacher training course (NYTTC) will be held in Rishikesh (the world capital of yoga) at Nada Yoga School, next to river Ganges.
- NYTT Course will be taught by the team of best yoga teachers of Rishikesh.
- This course will be a combination of 200-hour YTTC and nada yoga.
- 3 hours of daily asana practice.
- Daily lessons of Sanskrit mantra chanting, kirtans & bhajans, etc.
- You will be taken for local sight-seeing on Sundays.
- The course fee is all-inclusive.
- Music Concerts every week.
- Live music meditation classes in the evenings.
- And the certification of yoga alliance as an RYT, 200-Hour.
Our Yoga Teachers –
- Yogacharya Bhuwan Chandra (Nada Yoga Teacher)
- Yogacharya Mohan Panwar (Structural Hatha Yoga)
- Yogi Tara Ji (Pranayama and Hatha Yoga)
- Yogi Yogendra Mishra (Yoga Philosophy and Meditation)
- Atma Jnanananda Giri (Yoga Nidra and Meditation)
- Dr. Usha Vaishnav (Ayurveda)
- Yogacharya Vivek Arya (Yogic Anatomy and physiology)
NYTTC Typical Daily Schedule –
- 06:00 am – 07:00 am: Pranayama/ Shatkarma
- 07:00 am – 08:30 am: Yoga Asanas
- 08:30 am – 09:30 am: Breakfast
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am: Anatomy & Physiology
- 12:00 pm – 01:00 pm: Lunch
- 01:00 pm – 02:00 pm: Nada Yoga/Music Lessons
- 02:00 pm – 03:00 pm: Yoga Philosophy
- 04:00 pm – 05:30 pm: Yoga Asanas
- 06:00 pm – 07:00 pm: Meditation/Live Music Meditation/Mantra Chanting/Kirtan
- 07:30 pm – 08:00 pm: Dinner
Note: The schedule is subject to change.
Nada Yoga Course Fee –
Please see the course fee next to course dates above. Enroll in the course now.
Fee Includes –
- Textbooks and printed course materials
- Lessons from 8 professional staff yoga teachers and guest lecturers.
- Music Concerts by renowned musicians of Rishikesh, India
- Use of yoga props during the course
- Vegetarian meals (3 times a day)
- Comfortable accommodation in the first established ashram in Rishikesh – Swargashram
- Local sightseeing
- Ganges river rafting
- Sunday movie night
- Wireless Internet Connectivity
Food and Accommodation –
- In our attempt to promote a yogic lifestyle, vegetarian meals, and herbal teas are served 3 times daily (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and prepared in our own equipped Kitchen, using filtered water. Please inform us of any dietary restrictions.
- Filtered water is available at all times during your stay at Nada Yoga School.
- Two students are accommodated in a shared, furnished double room with attached bath (cold/hot water) and ceiling fans. Bed linen, a towel, and a door lock are provided, however, residents are responsible for those items as well as laundering their sheets and cleaning their room.
- Single occupancy arrangements may be made prior to arrival, conditional to room availability, and may be subject to extra charges.
- Students are requested to arrive at the Nada Yoga School on the day prior to commencement of the training, at which time they will be assigned to their rooms, and will be requested to finalize their course fee payments. Check-out is scheduled on the morning following completion of the program. We request that all borrowed items be returned at this time.
Note: To create a positive atmosphere conducive to learning and continued personal development, drugs, alcohol and all other intoxicating substances are strictly prohibited for the entire duration of the course.
What our students are saying?
The amount of knowledge that I have obtained at Nada Yoga School is life-changing. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the depth of knowledge and experience of all teachers. So I grew an enormous amount intellectually, spiritually and emotionally over the four weeks. I appreciate its clarity, commitment and broad knowledge and experience. Once again, it is more than just an education, it was a life affirming experience. I highly recommend Nada Yoga School to anyone looking to receive 200-hours certification!
An amazingly comprehensive and complete course! under the highly accomplished Yogacharyas: Kamalji and Mohanji's guidance, the progression of yoga skills appear smooth and natural over time. Daily Pranayama and Shatkarma are energizing. Lessons in Physiology of Yoga made us aware of correct muscle and bone involvement in various asanas. This awareness is necessary for anyone practicing yoga. Ayurveda philosophy of knowing one's dosha helped me in getting to know my body. The lectures by Dr. Jivasu on Yoga philosophy and meditation were mesmerizing! I highly recommend this course if one is serious about learning Yoga and Meditation.
The yoga teacher training course at Nada Yoga School was a wonderful way for me to explore and experience yoga, meditation, mantra and music. All the teachers were masters in their art and provided a great stage for the group to growing and of course, laugh! Beautifully nested in the himalayan foothills, this is an amazing place to practice yoga and meditation.
I really enjoyed this course. I not only learned proper alignment for my asana practice, different styles of meditation practices but I learned how to dissolve my past histories and emerge in this present moment fully activated and at peace within my body and mind. Along this path of inner transformation at which I am still on, I found myself joined and emmersed within a greater community, a precious family.
Diane Ruth Martin
The 200 hour course at Nada Yoga School is very intense at times but definately essential for those wishing to become teachers. The course gives a good background knowledge of theory, as well as practice. The teacher are very professional and supportive to students. I have enjoyed the course very much and made many friends.
Ever since I started my physical practice of yoga, I also became fascinated with bakhti music (devotional music). After which I decided to find a school that could teach me both. And, Nada Yoga school was the right choice. I believed music can be practiced as yoga, and this yoga course really deepened my knowledge in this science. But most of all, I was blessed to meet dedicated teachers like Bhuwan Chandra (school’s director and Nad Yoga Master) and the team of Great Yoga Teachers who made me feel at home during the course and made the experience a memorable one, that one can never forget.
Extra (travel) Services –
- Pre-arranged taxi pick-up from Delhi Airport to Nada Yoga School – US $70
- Pre-arranged taxi pick-up from Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun to Nada Yoga School – US $15