Intensive Iyengar Yoga Workshop in Rishikesh, India
Exploring the Joy of Yoga Practice through Iyengar Yoga!
4-17 February 2019:
Join the one-of-its-kind Iyengar Yoga Workshop in Rishikesh, India with Shri Parveen Nair.
Iyengar Yoga is well known for its precisions in alignment and systematic methodology in exploring yoga postures. And has the reputation of being rigid and sometimes structured, but in fact, it is at heart playful, experimental, and adaptive.
Once the spirit and principles of Iyengar Yoga have incorporated into your regular yoga practice or teaching, you will discover the space, balance and freedom than you have ever felt in years.
Hence this Iyengar Yoga workshop is named Iyengar Yoga Sadhana, it is a structured workshop on understanding different categories of asanas from basic to the advanced.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Integrity of movement
- Horizontal and vertical expansions of asanas
- The aspect of effort and effortlessness
This workshop will also provide tremendously helpful tools as you travel on your lifelong journey of transformation.
Those tools include:
- Learning how to think outside the box, shift your perspective, and bring a sense of play and possibility to your yoga, and life
- How to find “aha” moments in every practice.
- Practical modifications and adaptations for dozens of yoga poses so that you can expand your practice; help your students (if you teach) with clear, tailored instruction; and start to heal emotional and physical pain and discomfort
- Experimenting with your unique sense of balance and centre of gravity so you can refine adaptations and make poses even more accessible and beneficial
- How to navigate the balance between effort and ease
- How to find and practice integrity on and off the mat
- Pose modifications that will help you feel truly integrated, infusing your practice, and life, with meaning
About Shri Parveen Nair
Guru Parveen Nair Ji is a uniquely inspiring teacher. He is best known for his ability to help students and teachers embody a spiritual practice in Yoga.
He has refined his methods of teaching in the Advaita Vedanta school of thought. His non-dualistic approach towards Yoga has allowed his students to build an authentic Yoga practice.
Parveen’s passion for Iyengar yoga developed after he came across Guruji B.K.S. Iyengar’s most acclaimed yoga book, “The Light on Yoga“.
He was drawn towards the emphasis on precision and alignment as well as the teachings of the Yoga Sutras.
His years of practice and teaching reflect his commitment towards Yoga. Parveen has spent many of his years studying under Karin O’Bannon a Senior Iyengar Yoga teacher and later in Pune under the guidance of Guru BKS Iyengar.
Later obtaining his certification in Iyengar yoga, Parveen founded Swarupa Iyengar Yoga Studio and Yoga Sadhana in Malaysia and had natured many to the path of Yoga. Parveen Nair is now teaching in Rishikesh the Yoga capital.
His innate interest in Self-realisation has made him a devoted student of Advaita Vedanta philosophy. Parveen is inspired by the teachings of Sri Ramana Maharishi and Sri Nisargadatta Maharaja.
Parveen takes a simple, direct and sublime approach towards yoga. As he would say, change in action is not spirituality but the change in attitude is.
Typical Daily Schedule
- 07:00 am – 09:00 am: Iyengar Yoga
- 09:00 am – 10:00 am: Breakfast
- 10:30 am – 11:15 am: Selected verses from Yoga Sutra Sadhana Pada of Bhagawan Patanjali and Chanting of Guru Stotram
- 01:00 pm – 02:00 pm: Lunch
- 04:00 pm – 05:30 pm: Pranayama
- 06:00 pm – 07:00 pm: Chanting and Meditation inspired by Atma Vicharana of Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharishi
- 07:00 pm – 08:00 pm: Dinner
Fee – Iyengar Yoga Workshop
$1000 $849 – Includes tuition, food and shared accommodation for the entire workshop. $799 $699– Tuition Only (Without food and accommodation)
Food and Accommodation:
- In our attempt to promote a yogic lifestyle, vegetarian meals, and herbal teas are served 3 times daily (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and prepared in our own equipped Kitchen, using filtered water. Please inform us of any dietary restrictions.
- Filtered water is available at all times during your stay at Nada Yoga School.
- Two students are accommodated in a shared, furnished double room with attached bath (cold/hot water) and ceiling fans. Bed linen, a towel, and a door lock are provided, however, residents are responsible for those items as well as laundering their sheets and cleaning their room.
- Single occupancy arrangements may be made prior to arrival, conditional to room availability, and may be subject to extra charges.
- Students are requested to arrive at the Nada Yoga School on the day prior to the commencement of the training, at which time they will be assigned to their rooms, and will be requested to finalize their course fee payments. Check-out is scheduled on the morning following completion of the program. We request that all borrowed items be returned at this time.
Note: To create a positive atmosphere conducive to learning and continued personal development, drugs, alcohol and all other intoxicating substances are strictly prohibited for the entire duration of the course.